Mercedes-Benz has officially unveiled the all-new generation 2018 Mercedes-Benz A-Class. Because we are talking about a new model, we are going to present the novelties with some bullets. It’s more easy to read and also we won’t skip any important info.
Dimensions and ride comfort
– 30 mm longer wheelbase, 14 mm wider front track
– More shoulder room (+9/+22 mm front/rear), elbow room (+35/+36 mm) and headroom (+7/+8 mm), as well as easier entry to the rear.
– At 370 litres the boot is 29 litres larger than in the preceding model, and more usable.
– All-round visibility has been improved by reducing the pillar claddings by around ten percent
– improved suspension with MacPherson front suspension with aluminium transverse control arms and four-link rear suspension for powerful engines and 4Matic versions. the entry-level will use the torsion beam
– Active damping adjustment (optional equipment) with electronic control: in conjunction with the standard DYNAMIC SELECT (four driving modes), there is a choice of comfortable or sporty damping characteristics.
Inside the cockpit
– The 2 displays measuring up to 10.25 inches (26 cm) each blend together under a shared glass cover (except with the basic variant with two 7-inch displays) to form a completely free-standing Widescreen cockpit.
– Ambient lighting with 64 colours and illuminated air vents in a turbine look are optionally available,
– Optional are seat heating, seat climate control and a Multicontour Seat package incl. massage function for the front seats.
-Highest safety standard in this segment thanks to extended driving assistance systems with S-Class functions
– Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC and Active Steering Assist now support the driver even more conveniently in keeping a safe distance and steering, and the vehicle speed is now also automatically adjusted on bends, at road junctions and on roundabouts.
– Active Emergency Stop Assist with Active Lane Change Asisst and Pre-Safe Plus systems are available
– new MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) infotainment system
– Intelligent voice control with natural language comprehension and activation using the keyword "Hey Mercedes" (optional)
– New four-cylinder petrol engine M 282 (1.4 l displacement, up to 120 kW and 250 Nm) with cylinder shutoff (initially in combination with 7G-DCT).
– New four-cylinder petrol engine M 260 (2.0 l displacement, up to 165 kW, up to 350 Nm). Also available with 7G-DCT.
– New four-cylinder diesel engine OM 608 (1.5 l displacement, up to 85 kW, up to 260 Nm) with AdBlue technology, improved turbocharger, water intercooling and reduced weight.