GM announces the 2011 Buick Regal price today, and so far the car will be available only in CXL trim with two additional levels to be added in 2012.
Engine choices available for the 2011 Buick Regal include the standard 2.4L Ecotec direct injected unit developing 182 HP (136 kW) and the optional 2.0L Ecotec turbocharged and direct injected that packs 220 HP (164 kW). Both these engines are mated to a 6-speed automatic gearbox with Driver Shift Control with fuel efficiency levels of 30 mpg highway with the 2.4L and 29 mpg with the 2.0L.
The 2011 Buick Regal price starts at 26,995 USD while the turbo model goes on sale starting at 29,495 USD. More details regarding standard equipment in the official press release below.
GM press release :
Detroit – Buick today announced pricing for the all-new 2011 Regal. Prices start at $26,995 for the premium CXL model, including a $750 destination charge.
Regal’s CXL turbo model will start at $29,495, including a $750 destination charge.
Regal will initially be offered in premium CXL trim only, with additional trim levels to be offered in the 2012 model year. The well-equipped Regal CXL includes the following as standard or available equipment:
- Standard 2.4L Ecotec direct injected engine rated at an estimated 182 horsepower (136 kW)
- Available 2.0L Ecotec turbocharged and direct injected engine rated at an estimated 220 horsepower (164 kW) – available late-summer 2010
- Both engines have six-speed automatic transmission standard with Driver Shift Control (DSC)
- Estimated 30 mpg on the highway with the 2.4L and 29 mpg highway with the 2.0L turbo engine
- MacPherson strut front suspension and four-link independent rear suspension
- Class-exclusive Interactive Drive Control System is available with the 2.0L turbo,
offering enhanced vehicle stability and greater driving safety, while also adapting the driving characteristics of the car to the driver’s preferences. The driver selects among three operating modes that adjust suspension, steering, throttle, transmission, and stability systems to personalize the driving experience
- Four-wheel disc brakes with four-channel anti-lock braking system, brake assist and electronic parking brake
- Standard StabiliTrak stability control system and full-function traction control
- Standard dual-stage frontal air bags, side-curtain air bags and pedal-release system; and available rear-seat thorax air bags
- Available navigation system, Harman Kardon sound system, and internal flash drive (1GB)
- Standard 18-inch aluminum wheels (19-inch aluminum wheels come with available Interactive Drive Control on the 2.0L turbo)
- Standard 12-way power, leather and heated driver seat; leather and heated passenger front seat; Bluetooth for phone capability; i-Pod auxiliary jack and USB port; XM Satellite Radio and OnStar
“The Regal is the next chapter in Buick’s transformation and we’re excited to bring this Buick sport sedan to market,” said Craig Bierley, Buick Marketing Director. “The dynamic driving experience and intuitive, personal technologies offer customers a premium sport sedan for great value.” 2011 Regal pricing compares to the 2010 LaCrosse as follows:
|Buick Trim Level||2011 Buick Regal||2010 Buick LaCrosse|
|(CXL) with turbo||$29,495||N/A|
Regal production for sale in the U.S. and Canada begins late Q1 2010 in Russelsheim, Germany, with vehicles expected to start arriving at dealerships in Q2 2010. North American production will begin at the Oshawa Car Assembly plant beginning in Q1 2011 .Source: GM