Chrysler revealed today a new special edition model based on the Challenger R/T Classic. It is the 2009 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye equipped with a 24-valve 3.5-liter V6 that spits out 250 hp (186 kW) and 250 lb.-ft. of torque (339 Nm). The Auto Stick 5-speed automatic transmission is responsible for putting power to the ground as for details regarding the exterior the 2009 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye gets a whole list of styling elements. These elements include the dual stripes with accent color outer stripes, a chromed FUEL door, a deck lid spoiler and 18-inch alloy rims.
Price for the 2009 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye stands at $26,490 and the modern muscle-car is already available for ordering at dealerships across USA.
Dodge press release:
- With six-cylinder fuel efficiency delivering 25 highway mpg and an adaptive five-speed automatic with Auto Stick—new Challenger SE Rallye builds on the excitement of the new Challenger R/T Classic
- Dodge Challenger SE Rallye features unique design cues including dual body stripes, chromed ‘FUEL’ door, deck lid spoiler, 18-inch aluminum wheels with black pockets and Micro Carbon interior accents
- Fuel-efficient 3.5-liter V-6 now features a responsive five-speed automatic transmission with Auto Stick
- Best-in-class rear head (37.4 inches) and leg (32.6 inches) room provides spacious rear seat for up to three adults
- Best-in-class trunk space (16.2 cu. ft.) equal to the Dodge Charger
Auburn Hills, Mich., Mar 30, 2009 –
The all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger delivers the best of modern American muscle-car characteristics—unmistakable design, world-class handling, powerful engines and technology. The all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye adds even more pony car excitement with a responsive five-speed automatic transmission and bold accented exterior enhancements. The all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye starts at $26,490 (including $725 destination) and is available for ordering now at Dodge dealerships nationwide.
“Featuring the transmission from our HEMI-powered Challenger models, the new Dodge Challenger SE Rallye earns its stripes with a five-speed automatic delivering an exhilarating driving experience and 25 miles per gallon fuel-efficiency,” said Mike Accavitti, Director—Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge Brands, Chrysler LLC. “And with eye-grabbing details including 18-inch wheels with black painted pockets, deck lid spoiler, and heritage-inspired chromed ‘FUEL’ filler door—Dodge Challenger SE shows off its pony car bloodlines.”
Dodge Challenger SE Rallye is a unique breed and offers more than head-turning good looks. With its throw-back hood and deck lid dual stripes with accent color outer stripes, chromed ‘FUEL’ filler door, 18-inch rallye wheels with all-season performance tires, body-color deck lid spoiler and Micro Carbon interior accents—the new Challenger SE Rallye builds on the Dodge DNA.
The all-new Dodge Challenger SE Rallye is the first six-cylinder Challenger model to offer accented dual stripes, and the first Challenger model to offer deck lid stripes. With seven exterior paint colors and two-color stripe combinations, Dodge Challenger SE Rallye offers even more muscle-car excitement to the Challenger lineup.
Exterior paint colors and dual-stripe combinations on the Dodge Challenger SE Rallye include:
– Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl — with Dark Gray dual stripes and Red accent stripes
– Bright Silver Metallic — with Dark Gray dual stripes and Red accent stripes
– Deep Water Blue Metallic — with White dual stripes and Red accent stripes
– Inferno Red Crystal Pearl — with Black and Dark Gray accent stripes
– TorRed — with Black dual stripes and Dark Gray accent stripes
– Dark Titanium Metallic — with Black dual stripes and Red accent stripes
– Stone White — with Black dual stripes and Red accent stripes
The 2009 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye model features an aluminum block 3.5-liter V-6 engine delivering 17 mpg in the city and 25 mpg on the highway. With 250 horsepower (186 kW) and 250 lb.-ft. of torque (339 N•m), this 24-valve engine delivers efficiency and performance.
The all-new Dodge Challenger SE Rallye marks the introduction of the five-speed automatic transmission with Auto Stick for all Dodge Challenger SE models. With more responsiveness than the previous four-speed transmission, and an aggressive first-gear ratio, the five-speed automatic transmission provides outstanding launch performance and smoothness at any speed.
On the interior, the trapezoidal theme of the door-panel cove and gauge cluster, dark headliner and slanted shifter console are inspired by the original Dodge Challenger. Inspiration from the past continues with a “four bomb” gauge cluster with deep easy-to-read white faces. Premium cloth bucket seats are well bolstered. For a more comforting and luxurious feel, heated leather seats finished with French-seamed stitching are available. The advanced uconnect gps with voice recognition, navigation with real-time traffic and Universal Customer Interface (UCI) for iPod connectivity is available on the Dodge Challenger SE Rallye.
The 2009 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye offers exceptional rear seating for a two-door coupe, achieving best-in-class rear head (37.4 inches) and leg (32.6 inches) room compared with the competition. Coupled with best-in-class cargo space (16.2 cu. ft.)—equal to the Dodge Charger—the all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye offers comfort and functionality.
2009 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye Production
Production of the all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye will start in April of 2009 at the Brampton Assembly plant in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. It will be built on the same assembly line as the award-winning and quality-proven Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300.