Featuring unique design themes the various performance enhancements, the Toyota Tacoma TX Package Concept is the result of Newport Beach, Calif.-based advertising agency Blue C teaming up with Toyota.
Some of the modification to the standard version include a Genuine Toyota lightweight aluminum tube steps with a black finish, a TRD stainless steel Cat-Back exhaust, Cadmium plated Bilstein 5100 Series shocks and TRD 16 inch off bead lock style wheels wrapped in BF Goodrich all-terrain tires.
As far as vehicle graphics the Toyota Tacoma TX Package Concept features a dual theme design,
Toyota press release :
The Tacoma TX Package Concept was developed for the 2009 SEMA Show to gauge public reaction to its unique design themes and multiple performance modifications. The Tacoma TX is equipped with an impressive list of Toyota Racing Development (TRD) performance accessories and two unique graphics along each side of the truck. SEMA attendee reaction to the Tacoma TX will help enable Toyota to make necessary refinements and finalize a package available for Tacoma buyers in future model years.
Toyota used a 2010 Tacoma PreRunner SR5 as the
The passenger side graphic design, called the TX Pro, conveys the energy of today’s youth. The design theme is inspired by travels to SCORE International, Vans Warp Tours, Coachella Music Festival and SuperCross events. The “Pro” designation gives a nod to those who are passionately involved in the high-energy action sports scene.
In addition to its design themes, the Tacoma TX received several performance modifications including TRD 16 x7.5-inch off road bead lock style wheels, BF Goodrich all-terrain T/A KO LT285/75x16 tires, a TRD stainless steel Cat-Back exhaust, Cadmium plated Bilstein 5100 Series shocks, a Genuine Toyota class 4 trailer hitch, a Genuine Toyota lightweight aluminum tube steps with a black finish, a Motoextender by Amp Research, and Genuine TRD floormats.
TACOMA TX PACKAGE FEATURES
Partners and Sponsors
Principle: Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.
Builder: Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.
Performance: Toyota Racing Development (TRD)
Graphics: Blue C Advertising
* 2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner
* 4.0L V6 DOHC 24V VVT-i 236HP Engine
* 5-Speed ECT-i Automatic Transmission
* 5.0 foot Fiber Reinforced Sheet Molded Composite (SMC) Inner Bed w/Steel Outer Panels, Removable Tailgate & Rail Caps, Deck Rail System with 4 Adjustable Tie-Down Cleats
* SR5 Extra Value Package: Remote Keyless Entry System, Cruise Control, Chrome Grille Surround & Rear Bumper, Color-Keyed Front Bumper & Overfenders, Fog Lamps, Sliding Rear Window with Privacy Glass, Metallic Tone Instrument Panel Trim, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel with Audio Controls & Leather-Wrapped Shifter, Backup Camera & Auto Dimming Inside Mirror with Monitor
* V6 Tow Package: Class 4 Hitch, Transmission and Supplemental Oil Coolers, 130A Alternator, Heavy Duty Battery, 7-Pin Connector w/Converter
* TRD 16 X 7.5 Off Road Bead Lock Style Wheels
* BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO LT285/75X16 Tires
* TRD Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust
* Cadmium plated Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks
* Genuine Toyota Lightweight Aluminum Tube Steps with black finish
* Motoxtender by Amp Research
* Genuine TRD Floor mats
* Driver Side - Tacoma tx2
Þ The tx2 elements were designed to be an extension of the traditional TRD (Toyota Racing Development) graphic
Þ The “lifestyle” direction targets the audience that utilizes a truck for their normal, everyday life interactions
* Passenger Side - Tacoma T|X
Þ The T|X Pro is all about energy & the design aesthetic is inspired by travels to SCORE International, Vans Warp Tours, Coachella Music Festival, & SuperCross.
Þ Design elements including the “Individualistic” stars and the “Power of Individualism” griffin are utilized as major mainstays in the overall design.
Leave a Comment
Latest Car News
The GT-R began its 5th year of sales. It is more than ever a benchmark among supercars. With more than 500 copies sold in France, it is also at the level ...
Aston Martin has pulled the wraps off the CC100 Speedster Concept car. The new prototype marks the company's 100th birthday. The name stands for Concept ...
Hennessey has announced that it is offering its VelociRaptor SUV conversion. Based on the Ford F-150 Raptor, the team from HPE transforms SVTs super ...
The 2013 Ford Fusion Energi has earned the highest possible “five-star” Overall Vehicle Scorefrom the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration ...
Ferrari’s CEO Amendo Felisa spoke to the Formula Ferrari press conference today to explain the work the company has been doing to increase the performance ...
The Volkswagen Passenger Cars brand closed 2012 with a new record, delivering 5.74 million vehicles to customers, +12.7 per cent comparing with 2011 results. ...
Cisco today announced results of the Cisco Customer Experience Report focused on automobile buying and driving experience. Cisco surveyed more than 1,500 ...
When we refer to a shooting brake we describe a car with a rakish estate body style, with two doors and a sloping roofline. Mercedes-Benz is one of the ...
The guys from Motor Trend have put on the circuit the latest reiteration of the GT-R. Dubbed 2014 GT-R Track Pack, the Japanese model is a tiny bit more ...
The 24 Hours of Le Mans is the world’s oldest active sports car race. The first event was held in 1923 and for driver and machine, it’s the ultimate ...